St. Bartholomew’s, the Parish Church for the villages of Elvaston, Thulston and Ambaston, is set right at the heart of Elvaston Country Park, adjacent to the Castle, the historic seat of the Earls of Harrington. For the Church and Village Hall turn left down the lane off Main Street, Elvaston, signposted Parish Church and Cricket Club. The Church is the first turn to the right once you have passed the “Golden Gates.”
We are very proud at Elvaston to use the traditional 1662 Book of Common Prayer for our worship. Our usual Sunday pattern is:
• 1st Sunday in the month: 9.00 a.m. Morning Prayer
• 2nd Sunday in the month: 10.30 a.m. Holy Communion
• 3rd Sunday in the month: 9.00 a.m. Holy Communion.
• 4th Sunday in the month: 10.30 a.m. Morning Prayer.
The Village Hall (the former school building) has many activities,
• W.I. which meets on the second Thursday in the month.
• Art Club on Thursday mornings at 10.30 a.m.
• Whist Drives on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.